Sunday, October 02, 2005

Subject? SUBJECT?! I didn't think about that part.

If I were comfortable enough about myself, if my knowledge about myself was close to perfect, I could stop worrying about my "issues" and problems; I could play little attention to myself , and start to look at the other people around me.
I stepped aside and looked back inside. It was an interesting view, I might add. My curiosity started the investigations. That's how I liked to call them, and well, it was definitely a suitable term.
I'd study the personalities and the patterns in which they behaved. Quite a diverse set of information, a nice and neat combination of "initial conditions, the transfer function (or the pattern), and the outcome(s)".
It was a fulfilling exercise, and the skill was rather handy.

***
Intensity is only felt in the presence of heat. Intensity flows, it creates motion and rhythm.

Magic is the art, and science, of understanding a large set of factors and causes, and predicting, or trying to influence, the outcomes and effects.

Some of us have grown so tolerable of irrational behaviour among pets, the "home" animals. Yet sometimes, our responses and reactions towards fellow humans show a complete lack of sympathy for irrationality within the race of intelligent animals.

- The girl in this novel seriously reminds me of you. I mean, I could totally imagine you doing all those things. Pretty crazy!
He knew how to make me feel comfortable by acting so knowledgable of me. I can't say I have ever experienced anything like it. He knew me so well that he didn't have to impress me. He didn't have to risk anything. Well, maybe he did, but not if he didn't feel confident about it. He knew which buttons to push, which strings to pull. Yet I felt so free and weightless in his presence.

I put behind the unnecessary hostility, and direct my anger towards the true causes and origins, which have always laid deep within man's simplest, most basic feelings, desires and needs.

We always expect other people around us to be perfect. We influence and manipulate others, because we believe we have the power to do so, even though, we're on a lower level on the "perfection curve".

No comments: