Sunday, October 02, 2005

Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

I saw this movie last night. It was one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. But then, I can't say I have seen that many movies from this genre, so that might sound a bit ignorant.
It was very well-made, each and every interview was almost a classic, it covered many areas, and the fact that almost all the musicians (probably except the guys in Slipknot and Korn) sounded quite intelligent was rather refreshing. I also loved Dio's shot at Gene Simmons. Right on, Ron!
If you like arts, try to find a chance to see the movie. Even non-metal fans should enjoy it.
It's also put me in a mode to listen to lots of metal. I wanted to listen to Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse, at first, but then decided to listen to something I hadn't listened to in a long time. So, I picked Sepultura's Arise.


Man, those ad's before the start of the movie were fucking hilarious.

No comments: